- 60 minutes: 1 ounce Yakima Magnum
- 30 minutes: 1 ounce Cascade, 1 ounce Simcoe
- 20 minutes: 1 ounce mix of Cascade, Columbus, Amarillo
- 15 minutes: 1 ounce mix of Cascade, Columbus, Amarillo
- 10 minutes: 1 ounce mix of Cascade, Columbus, Amarillo
- 5 minutes: 1 ounce Simcoe
- Flameout: 2 ounces Centennial leaf
That's right, 9 ounces of hops. Everything went pretty well until after the wort was cooled. I probably had a few too many homebrews and added too much water to top up, and didn't account for the 1500 mL starter that we pitched, so the OG was a lot lower than originally calculated. According to the TastyBrew calculator, that dropped it from around 10% ABV to about 8.5%. Bummer. It should still make some awesome beer though. It is kicking massive amounts of foam into the blowoff tube right now and it smells great. I just brought it downstairs to keep the temp a little cooler.
It was really fun to brew with somebody else for once. Sharing the cost was cool, and Cole and I both ended up with enough hops and specialty grain leftovers for at least one batch each, so that's a bonus too. If I get around to it I'll post some pictures of Saturday's silliness.